Monday, May 16, 2016

Wine That Makes Us Stagger

In Psalm 60, the writer has a complaint to make to God.  Trouble has been piled upon trouble.  You have made your people see hard things, says verse 3; you have given us wine to drink that makes us stagger.  We're reeling!


In a recent post I tried to sum up some of the themes of Points of Inflection; the faith-based concern for the earth; the math and the climbing; the sound of lamentation, most recently and personally in the loss of our dear child; cancer as a metaphor, and my own cancer struggles in 2014.  When I wrote that post, our cup of trouble was full.  Since then it has been overflowed by further news, the wine that makes us stagger; my cancer has returned in a different part of the body, and we are facing an uncertain future.

I wanted to mention this on Points of Inflection once, but I am not this time going to be blogging regularly about my personal health news here.  Instead, I have established a private web site at Caring Bridge which you're welcome to visit for updates. The address is

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnxroe

and you need to establish an account at Caring Bridge to log in and view news updates.   Meanwhile, I will continue posting here on the regular subjects of this blog.  I think it will be helpful to keep health news separated.

Right now Liane and I are on vacation and enjoying time together in California.  If you're the praying kind (actually, even if you're not) we value your prayers for us.

1 comment:

Diane Thomas said...

Don't know what to say, but am praying for you and your family.