Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Green Faith

This blog started a couple of years ago.  I wanted to think here about how we care for creation - the planet, with all its complex web of animate and inanimate inhabitants, and us, Homo sapiens, pushing seven billion of us now, each with our own aspirations for the future.

"Fill the earth", God said in Genesis 1.  Well, we did that. What comes next?

Two years ago wasn't really the right time for me to start blogging, but now I think it is.  I'm going to join the fellowship program at GreenFaith.   For the next year and a half I will be interacting with a group of lay and ordained people to think about how our faith traditions teach and equip us to care for the created world.  I have never done anything like this before, and I am both nervous and excited!

Through Points of Inflection I want to chronicle my GreenFaith journey.  Will you join me by following this blog?

I've kept a couple of old posts from 2009 which explain the title.  Otherwise, though, we're starting from square one!

No comments: