Sunday, March 10, 2013

Looking for GreenFaith Fellows

So, my "class time" in the Green Faith fellowship program is coming to an end.  A couple more webinars (the next one is tomorrow), and an "online graduation ceremony" (sounds fun), and I will be done. Except that I have to complete my "senior project" - that is the Math for Sustainability course that I have been writing about here for a while.

What is the Fellows Program?  It's an opportunity for people from diverse religious communities who are concerned about human stewardship of the created order to learn from one another; and to learn from science, experience, tradition and scripture to formulate their own theological and practical response.  While many of the participants are ordained ministers or the like, many are not: anyone who catalyzes conversation in their faith community can participate.

Under the endlessly energetic, hopeful, and respectful guidance of Fletcher Harper, we have stretched ourselves to hear much that is new and unfamiliar, while often deepening our understanding of our own core convictions.

When I first heard about this program, I instantly knew that I wanted to be part of it.  If the same is true of you, now is the time to sign up for next year.  I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might want to ask - feel free to shoot me an email about that.


No comments: