Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Update - Week 5

As well as being an update on my current situation this is a practice post from the iPad using the Blogsy app, so I am not really sure how the formatting will come out - we shall see!

Anyhow, as of today I am DONE WITH CHEMO which amkes me extremely happy. Even though I have mostly avoided the worst side effects of chemotherapy, my body has still taken a beating, especially these last two weeks. Tuesdays have been rough days. So "no more" of that is excellent news.

As far as radiation is concerned I have 6 of my 48 treatments left: two tomorrow, two on Thursday, and two next Monday. These have also been getting harder but I'll make it through.

The hardest thing to contend with has been the mouth sores which I have mentioned before. These have got to the point now that eating anything at all is slow, tedious, and painful. I am taking pretty heavy doses of opiates to deal with the pain, and I am sure that without them I would not be able to eat, or talk, at all.

So, things are getting harder, but I am rejoicing that the end is in sight!