Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Earth is Full

I'm sorry for the six days without a post.  This has been a busy week.  I hope to write an update on the second annual meeting of PA Interfaith Power and Light (which happened last weekend) in a couple of days.

Meanwhile I thought I'd take the chance to link to an article from earlier this year by New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman (pictured), called The Earth Is Full. Friedman has written books about globalization and its effects, but recently it's clear how concerned he is that the global growth model is running into physical limits.  In fact an earlier article, The Inflection is Near, gave me the title for this blog.

Friedman refers to Paul Gilding's new book The Great Disruption, which I'm reading at the moment.  I plan to post a review of that when I'm done.

No comments: