Sunday, November 4, 2012

A talk to the PSU Math Club

For those readers in my home area (State College), I will be giving a talk to the Penn State Math Club on Monday evening, on the title "Mathematics of Planet Earth". 

I'll talk about some of the basic mathematics underlying global warming issues, as well as giving a preview of some of the themes of my 2014 course.  If you are around campus, and interested, you are welcome to attend!  The talk is at 6:00 p.m. in 114 McAllister Building on the University Park campus.

If you can't attend, the link above is to a video of a talk by John Baez to the South African Mathematical Society on a similar theme.  I think this is a wonderful, inspiring talk!  For more about John's work visit the Azimuth Project.

1 comment:

John Roe said...

Video of my talk can be found on Youtube. If you have watched John Baez' talk too, you'll see that I have made use of several of his ideas (and of course his video is much more professional than mine!)